Tuesday, February 06, 2007

This morning i was dramatically woken up by a neon flashing thought somewhere between my subconscious and conscious telling me: my ic is not in my wallet cos i left it at k-pool two days ago. dramatic huh! i amaze myself! so i dragged myself all the way down to collect it, reading spiderman along the way.

at the mrt station i saw this jewellery ad that said: Vanity is a Virtue. ok...explain that to me again. next thing you know, they'll be saying greed is good.

another random thing: when i go downstairs to play soccer with some kids, there's this kid called Nobody. "Eh Nobody u go that team!". ok he didnt seem to have self esteem problems....yet

there's this old woman always sitting near the mrt station and selling tissue on the ground. and i always wonder if she is reading the papers she sits on, or at least looking at the pictures. and there's this other "busker" who plays an electronic keyboard, just that he puts it on one of those auto melodies that are memorized in the keyboard, and passes off by pressing two or more white keys in a rhythm. hmmm..

and there are those donation seekers who are around my age and i can see them mentally pounce on me when i'm 10 metres away. and they start off saying: "hi i'm not selling anything here...". but why does it cost money and why do you take a commission? ok random thoughts occur when u go to the mrt station too much. $2 leh. tts how much a plate of roast duck rice costs at the hawker centre near my house. and i'm determined to support that stall cos if it closes, it means no more cheap meals for me and that would be costly in the long run. so i really can't pay for your $2 worth of vouchers cos if i do, this stall may go bust and thousands of people will have to suffer if their cost of living increases by 50cents per day. gulp!

0 comments: