Monday, April 28, 2008

a guy approached me on orchard road, handing me a sheet of coupons, explaining how purchasing it would help so-and-so charity. "sir, allow me to explain to you how..." I gave him half a minute, then told him "sir, i'm not interested". And he said "you're not interested in helping children?"

I stared at him, and said: "in that case, no". I swear i almost blew my top at him. the audacity to try and weigh my social conscience with a donation! but he gave up and left. and since generalized sweeping comments seem fashionable to him, i'll just bet he's drawing a commission from the company that hired him for the mentioned charity he claims to help. just because he looks like he is.

in any case, these are my must-do's when i have leave/off.
1. ask army-mates on msn, at night, "shouldn't you be sleeping? you have work tomorrow"
2. gloat at the masses going home from work/school - "you must be tired!"

it's great to be on leave. i have a million things i want to do with that one day, and the day ends all too soon

0 comments: